September 10/11
September 10 & 11: Calgary - Bastia, France
Well, that was a very long day. Everything went smoothly; just took 3 flights and a long time to get here. Calgary - Montreal leaving at noon on the 10th. Then Montreal - Munich and Munich - Bastia. We arrived in Bastia about 3pm on the 11th. Maybe 30 minutes of total shut-eye for me for the entire trip.
Not much to note. We met a really interesting fellow in the security line in Calgary. He is a physiotherapist by day and a "painter" of miniature fantasy war characters by hobby. He showed us some of his work - very intricate stuff, and a lot of it with connected electronics to a smartphone via bluetooth. He showed us some of his stuff on instagram and I took a picture of his backpack so that I can take a look later on. You know...... he kind of looked familiar. Sure enough, when I looked him up I found his real name, and yes, I did go to him a few times for physio in 2021 when my knee (and some other body part) was really acting up. Anyway - he was off to a show in Montreal with his miniatures. Apparently there is a lot of money being tossed around on those.
Not sure why the picture is not uploading...............
Anyway - uneventful travels............. Another small world moment. We were in Munich for a few hours. Turns out Elli had spent the night in Munich as she negotiated the train system to travel from her Italy hiking trip to a visit to her hometown in Germany for a family visit. Didn't see her, but it was close......
We sure had great views of the mountainous terrain as we flew into Corsica. Should be lots of screamin' downhills in our future!
Fall is definitely coming to Calgary. We've had some cool and rainy days during the last week. It's been a while since I've been out on a bike. Anyway........... this is what we left today.
Again - picture didn't upload.............
Mostly sunny skies, warm, and humid in Bastia.
We're all pretty tired. Out for a quick sandwich (dinner restaurants don't open for a few more hours), then home to bed.
Comments
Post a Comment